Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Who's been sleeping in my bed?




Perhaps because it was the middle of the night when your senses are heightened and your rational mind is less rational and your imagination runs wild but I found myself feeling like I was in an episode of "Freaky Friday".






The wonder-child recently had a nightmare which forced me to swap my luxurious queen bed for her single bed. I have to confess its been a long time since I've been in a single bed and indeed seen my daughter's room from her perspective.


Laying there staring at the posters, the neon mobile, the electric guitar, a dressing table scattered with her mementos and souvenirs collected from holidays, birthday party favours and used ticket stubs.  I certainly felt relaxed, peaceful and carefree that I could pretend at least for a little while that I too was once again 10 years old devoid of adult worries and hang ups and could just be the little girl form of me.

I was able to reminisce about the historical childhood moments I had lived through, all those coming of age moments, growing up moments, sleep overs with my girlfriends, the angst of  first love and anxiety about exams, what to wear at the school social and so on.


I have to say, I haven't slept better in a very long time.It was certainly nice to revisit some lovely memories that had been locked away, dusted them off and relived them in a way that was very like a celebration.


I guess my business Tick The Box is driven by the same principles for grown up girls to provide a place to connect with the girls, where you can be yourself,, whether you choose to do it in a simple or a spectacular way, you get to create your own special memories.

We'd love hear your special grown-up girl or little girl memories so we've provided space below.


No comments:

Post a Comment